Download the A-dec COVID-19 Privacy Statement
Last Updated: 19 November 2019
The A-dec vision began with a simple idea: make the best better. From our simple beginnings, A-dec has emerged as one of the most respected names in the dental industry. More than 50 years later, A-dec is an employer of choice and the world's leading manufacturer of reliable dental operatory equipment. We continue to work for the betterment of dentistry. That's why we embed our values into the work we do every day. One choice at a time. This Privacy Notice describes the transparent approach and choices we make when handling your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect about you or that you may provide when you visit any of our websites, including www.a-dec.com, dental.a-dec.com, europe.a-dec.com, china.a-dec.com, australia.a-dec.com, unitedkingdom.a-dec.com, partnerresources.a-dec.com, portal.a-dec.com, a-dec-inspire-me.com, www.trya-dec.com, handpiece-advisor.com, (collectively referred to as the "Website" in this Privacy Notice) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. More information is available about each geography-based instance of our Website below.
In addition to the Website, we provide a mobile device application called A-dec Angles of Access, to help our customers learn ideal doctor and patient positioning (the "App"). This Privacy Notice also applies to our personal information handling practices through the App. Where the App collects, uses, or discloses information differently than the Website, we will be sure to make that clear within this Privacy Notice.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or App. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time; your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please be sure to check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
A-dec is committed to protecting your privacy in a variety of ways including using industry-accepted security measures to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of data contained in our systems. This Privacy Notice is designed to describe how we secure and maintain our customers' and visitors' personal information when collected on sites which link to this Privacy Notice. Any personal information we collect will never be sold, rented, traded, shared, or leased, other than as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you in two different ways. We collect information you provide to us directly through things like our contact us form. We also use technologies that collect certain data (including personal information) automatically as you use the Website through automated technologies. This section addresses each of these types of collection.
We collect personal information when you provide it.
You may provide us with personal information when submitting a request, registering for an account, agreeing to be featured in a testimonial or case study, or otherwise interacting online and offline with A-dec (via social media, web forms, email, and yes, even postal mail).
Accessing the Website. Our Website is tailored to the geographic location you select, in order to provide you with the most accurate dealer information. We collect this location information in order to direct you to the appropriate Website as indicated below.
- For individuals in North America - https://www.a-dec.com
- For individuals in European Union - https://europe.a-dec.com
- For individuals in United Kingdom - https://unitedkingdom.a-dec.com
- For individuals in Australia – https://australia.a-dec.com
- For individuals in China - https://china.a-dec.com
- For individuals in Asia - https://dental.a-dec.com
- For individuals in the Middle East and Africa - https://dental.a-dec.com
- For individuals in Latin America - https://dental.a-dec.com
Accessing the employee and partner portal. Some areas of our Website are restricted and may only be accessed by our employees and partners. Once you have completed registration to access the restricted area of the site, we will ask you to supply your username and password. You remain responsible for securing your login information. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, remember to sign out of the registered site and close your browser window when you have finished your work to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
Finding a Dealer. Only dental equipment dealers who share our commitment to quality and a superior customer experience become authorized A-dec dealers. If you use our Website to contact a dealer near you, we may collect personal information about you including your postal code or location information to provide the information you need.
Requesting a Quote. We may collect personal information such as name, address, business name, job title, and employer through a form on our Website if you request a free, no-obligation quote. This information is used to have a local A-dec Territory Manager tailor a solution to your needs and provide pricing; you can learn more about how we use personal information further down in this Privacy Notice. You can also request to be added to our promotional e-mail list on this page.
Repair Request Form. Just as our original dental equipment has a reputation for quality, so do our repairs when your equipment needs maintenance. If you contact us through our Submit a Request page, we may collect personal information such as your name, company name, address, phone number, and email address.
Using the App. As noted previously in this Notice, we make a dental doctor and patient positioning App available for iOS devices. The App will collect username and password information before allowing any customer to access the content. You may also provide an email address to send yourself, or someone else, an email with information on a chair configuration you have designed; however, the email address is only used to email the information as you requested.
Careers – Candidates and Employees. At A-dec, we value People, Craft, Learning, and Total Well-Being. If you are interested in joining our team, we maintain a list of open jobs within our organization on our Website. If you would like to learn more about any role on the list, you can click on the title of the role. Please note, that we use various methods for collecting personal information from you in relation to available jobs. In the United States, you will be redirected to our hiring page currently supported by a third-party, iCIMS. For any other A-dec locations, we will collect your personal information via email. Any candidate information A-dec receives via email, from iCIMS or that A-dec gathers from employees is handled in accordance with A-dec's Candidate and Employee Privacy Notice provided directly to Candidates and Employees.
Social Media. We may collect information about you from other third parties, such as social networks when you click "Share This" via Facebook, Connect, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or other social media "like" buttons or plug-ins. Additionally, our Careers portal referenced above allows for a social media integration through Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Microsoft. Please note that any personal information collected by a third party, such as a social networking site, is handled based on their privacy practices rather than this notice.
We will not collect information from individuals under 16 without parental consent.
Our Website is not intended for individuals under 16 years of age. When we sponsor employee or not-for-profit events that individuals under age 16 attend, we will not collect their personal information without parental consent. If you are under age 16, do not provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We use automated collection mechanisms.
Do Not Track Requests. Some browsers offer a "Do Not Track" privacy preference. Generally, when an individual turns on the Do Not Track Signal, their browser sends a message to websites requesting that the individual not be tracked. Our Website and Services currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals. However, you do have other options for opting out of tracking for interest-based advertising purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may collect personal information from third parties.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third party contractors, vendors and dealers. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify customers, and provide information about products and services that may be of interest to you. Examples of the types of personal information that may be collected from external sources include name, business contact details such as email, phone number, and job title.
Using Personal Information
Being transparent about how we use personal information is important to us because we know it's important to you. Here are the ways we use personal information at A-dec:
- To provide access to the Website, including maintaining the security and integrity of the Website.
- To respond to sales inquiries, questions, feedback, or other content you have elected to provide.
- To provide marketing information regarding Website and product updates, special promotions, etc.
- To conduct reviews of our Website and to help us better understand your use of our Website to tailor the Website, our product offerings, and marketing promotions to make your online experience more enjoyable and convenient.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business and internal policies for maintaining records.
- For any other legal, business or marketing purposes that complies with the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We understand the importance of securing your personal information. We are committed to implementing industry accepted administrative, physical and technology-based security measures to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal information in our systems. We are also committed to ensuring that any employee, contractor or vendor who has access to personal information in our systems is subject to contractual and professional obligations to safeguard that personal information.
A-dec strives to protect the information provided by individuals who visit the Website and our customers. The servers that store your personally information are housed in a secure environment on the West coast of the United States. We will store personal information for so long as we have a legal basis to hold it. All information collected is stored behind a secure firewall which restricts access from third parties unless explicitly authorized by us.
We also make an effort to protect your information offline. Only personnel who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We are committed to keeping employees up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or form of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Security questions or concerns.
If you have questions or concerns about the security details in this Privacy Notice, please contact our customer service administrators by calling 1-800-547-1883 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will handle all personal information we control in accordance with practices detailed in this Privacy Notice. This section provides information on how you can manage your personal information, and also enumerates the rights afforded to individuals who reside in jurisdictions with more specific data protection regulations.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, including our e-newsletters, you may follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional e-mail you received or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that you may still receive transactional e-mails from us (e.g., e-mails related to the completion of your registration, correction of your personal information, password reset requests, and any other similar communications essential to your transactions on the Website or use of our products) which may be necessary for us to make the Website available to you or respond to your product enquiries.
European Economic Area, Switzerland or United Kingdom citizen rights.
Individuals who reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland and the United Kingdom (UK) have additional rights reserved under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act and/or ePrivacy Directive, as applicable. This section details those additional rights and information on how to exercise them:
- You may request to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information based on information collected from accessing our Website.
- You may request additional information related to the purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of personal information we process, where we originally collected the information, who we share it with, and how long we will retain it.
- You may object to our processing of your personal information, request that we restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can do so by clicking the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send to you. You may also opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal or telemarketing).
- Where we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Upon your request, and where it is technically feasible, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information or transmit it directly to another controller.
- You have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authorities. Contact details are available here.
California consumer rights.
As of January 1, 2020, individuals who reside in the state of California have additional rights reserved under the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Shine the Light law. To be clear, if you are a California-based consumer, as that term is defined under California law, this section shall apply in addition to all other applicable rights and information contained in this Privacy Notice:
- You have the right to request that we provide you with the categories of personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected and store about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you.
- We will not discriminate or retaliate against you if you elect to exercise any rights under this section of our Privacy Notice.
- You may request that we not sell your personal information; as noted previously, A-dec does not sell your personal information.
- If you are a California consumer and have additional questions based on this section of our Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us toll-free at 1-800-547-1883. Also, be sure to check this policy for updates as we will review it at least every 12 months and make updates as necessary.
Identity verification requirement.
We are required by law to verify that any request submitted was made by someone with the legal right to access the information. Therefore, prior to accessing or disclosing any information to an individual pursuant to an access request, we may request additional information so we can verify your identity and legal authority.
To make a request, please contact us at email@example.com with "Personal Information Request" in the subject line and provide us with full details in relation to your request, including your contact information and any other detail you feel is relevant. We will provide a response to an access request within the time period required by applicable law. If we cannot substantively respond in a timely manner, we will notify and provide you with the reason for the delay.
Under certain circumstances we may not be able to fulfill your request, such as where doing so would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations, where we cannot verify your identity, or if your request involves disproportionate cost or effort; in any event, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and as required by law, and provide you with an explanation.
Exercising your Rights.
We offer two ways for you to contact us to submit a request for us to update or delete your personal information: you may either contact our customer service administrators by calling 1-800-547-1883, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a Personal Data Access Request. Please note that we may need additional information from you (e.g. to verify your identity) prior to providing you with access to personal data.
Updates To This Privacy Notice
Any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice will be posted to this Privacy Notice, the Website home page and other places we feel are appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we share it. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the change becoming effective.
If you have questions about the way we handle personal information, you may contact us here:
2601 Crestview Drive
Newberg, Oregon 97132 USA